4.49 from 66 votes Jump to Recipe
Tomato spinach soup or tamatar palak ka soup is a nutritious and delicious Indian style soup made from fresh spinach and tomatoes.
The soup is quite popular in winters when fresh and tender spinach is available and is a nice variation to the more popular tomato soup.
Delicious & chock-full of health!
This recipe for tamatar palak ka soup is a homely recipe which is not only easy & quick to make, but is also very healthy and nutritious. You can skip adding the butter/cream at the end to make it healthier.
The tanginess of tomatoes coupled with the nutritional benefits and minerals in spinach gives this soup a distinct edge. Apart from its tangy taste, the soup also comes handy for people who are recuperating or convalescing.
Tomato spinach soup is great as a starter or as an appetizer dish and is generally served hot. It tastes great with a little bit of butter added just before serving. You can also serve with croutons or breadsticks for a little added crispiness.
To make tomato spinach soup at home, follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below.
Read more Shiitake Mushroom Soup With Tofu and Enoki
See more related recipes like:
- Palak Kadhi
- Palak Paneer
- Palak Corn
Suggested recipe collections :
- Palak Recipes | 14 Indian Spinach Recipes
Tomato Spinach Soup Recipe | Tamatar Palak Ka Soup
Tomato Spinach Soup is a nutritious and delicious Indian style soup made from fresh Spinach and Tomatoes and flavored with mild spices. 4.49 from 66 votes
Prep Time 0 minsCook Time 30 minsTotal Time 30 mins Servings 4Category SoupsCuisine Indian
Calories: 74kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 3g
Ingredients For Tomato Spinach Soup Recipe | Tamatar Palak Ka Soup
- 200 gm Spinach (Palak)
- 6-7 Medium Size Tomatoes
- 4-5 Cloves Garlic
- 1.5 Inch Piece of Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Roasted Cumin Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
Step By Step Instructions for Tomato Spinach Soup Recipe | Tamatar Palak Ka Soup
- Wash and drain spinach leaves and add them in a pressure cooker or pan.200 gm Spinach (Palak)
- Coarsely cut the tomatoes and add them to the cooker along with 1/4 cup of water.6-7 Medium Size Tomatoes
- Add some chopped ginger and garlic cloves along with some salt & black pepper powder.4-5 Cloves Garlic, 1.5 Inch Piece of Ginger, 1/2 Teaspoon Salt, 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker and cook for 3-4 minutes till you get 1 whistle. If cooking in a saucepan, cook for 5 minutes after getting the first boil.
- Let the mixture cool down. Then grind with a hand blender or in a food processor.
- Pass the mixture through a strainer to filter out any rind or chunks.
- Add the soup to a pan along with 2 cups water. Adjust water according to desired consistency. Add some roasted cumin powder and adjust the quantity of salt and pepper if needed.1/2 Teaspoon Roasted Cumin Powder
- Bring the soup to a boil and let it cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Tomato spinach soup is ready. Serve it hot along with 1/4 tablespoon of butter or fresh cream on top.
Read more Chunky Vegetarian Vegetable Soup (Fast and Easy)
Before You Go…
Don’t forget to Pin this post to save it for later. You can also Subscribe to our mailing list or follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or Twitter to see more delicious food recipes.
We’d love to know your thoughts about this dish! Please leave a comment or share a picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #vegecravings.
Share this post :
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)