Gluten free cream of chicken soup is super easy to make and loaded with flavor. Skip the store bought stuff and make this easy recipe at home.
Gluten free cream of chicken soup
Our family has been slowly incorporating gluten free recipes into our menu plan. One thing I have really missed is the rich and creamy soups and casseroles that use cream of chicken as a base. There is just something about cream of chicken and what it adds to a casserole.
I found the solution when I made this gluten free substitute for cream of chicken soup. It is absolutely wonderful and even my gluten loving family could not tell the difference! This soup is seriously that good!
I think you are really going to love it! It is a delicious alternative to use in any recipe that calls for cream of chicken soup such as green bean casserole.
This recipe comes together so quickly and it’s much cheaper than what you can buy in stores. It’s creamy and the consistency is thick and perfect! You will enjoy cooking with this and using gluten free substitute for cream of chicken soup in casseroles, soups and more!
It’s totally optional but I like to use a little poultry seasoning in the recipe. It really enhances the flavor.
Read more 7 Tips for Full Flavoured Soup Without Stock
- Chicken Broth
- Corn Starch
- Salt and Pepper
- Poultry Seasoning
How to make gluten free cream of chicken soup from scratch:
1. First, mix together the chicken broth, milk, and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Keep whisking until the cornstarch is dissolved and everything is well combined.
2. Second, add the seasonings and mix everything together.
3. Next, cook the mixture over medium heat. Keep stirring constantly until the mixture is bubbling. This takes about about 3- 5 minutes.
4. Finally, reduce the heat to medium-low and keep cooking until the mixture is very thick. This normally takes about about 5 minutes.
5. That is it! Just remove from the heat and use as normal in any recipe that calls for cream of chicken soup.
How to store:
The mixture needs to be stored in the fridge. I like to use a mason jar but any air tight container will work.
It will keep up to a week. If you want to extend its shelf life, you will need to freeze it.
How to freeze:
Allow the soup mixture to freeze completely and pour into freezer containers. Make sure to allow an inch or so at the top to allow for expansion. Also, I like to freeze it in portions that I normally use in recipes. It just makes it easier when it is time to use. You don’t have to do this but it sure make sit easier.
It is also really important to make sure it is completely cool before freezing.
Read more How To Cook Egusi Soup With Waterleaf
When you are ready to use this, let it thaw and whisk it together so it is smooth.
I like to keep some of this in the freezer. It makes it so easy when I am making casseroles and such. It does not take much more time to freeze but the amount of time you will save later is worth it.
Try homemade gluten free cream of chicken soup!
You will love how simple it is to make. It tastes amazing and costs a fraction of the cost of store bought! It tastes better too.
I love that it will keep for up to a week in the fridge. Sometimes, I will make it on the weekend to have ready for a busy week.
It is so simple and makes any recipe taste amazing. I can’t wait for you to try this quick and easy gluten free soup recipe.
Use in these recipes:
- The Best Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
- Creamy Chicken Pasta with fresh tomatoes – 20 minute dinner
- Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo
- Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie
Print Gluten free cream of chicken soup recipe:
Try these other gluten free recipes:
- Gluten Free Crock Pot Mexican Shredded Beef Taco Recipe
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookies
- Gluten Free Shortbread Cookie Recipe
- Easy Skillet bbq pork chops
- Our Favorite Gluten Free Snack for Busy Kids
- The Best Hobo Dinner Foil Packet Meal
- Foil Pack Santa Fe Chicken Dinner