May 14, 2021
CBD vape juice, sometimes called CBD e-liquid, is a hemp-based cannabinoid product. It is different from CBD oil in the aspect that CBD juice is specially designed for vaping.
CBD vape juice usually contains thinning agents – propylene glycol or vegetable glycerine – to make CBD appropriate for vaping. It is a beneficial way to consume CBD.
CBD vape juice also differs from the traditional e-liquid. In CBD vape juice, instead of nicotine, manufacturers add CBD extract.
Unlike traditional smoking methods, CBD products have significant health benefits. For these reasons, vape and other electronic devices are getting increasingly popular, especially among beginners. You can even find e liquid clearance sales online and easily find your favorite branded vape box mods and starter kits.
Why should you try making CBD e-liquid at home?
Due to the benefits and popularity of CBD-based products, they are quite expensive. The average cost of a 30ml CBD vape juice container is around $30-$50.
Making CBD e-liquid at home gives you more control over your vaping experience. You also get to pick the flavor and sweetness of your choice.
Another advantage of making CBD juice at home is that you understand what exactly your CBD vape juice contains.
Main ingredients required to make CBD juice at home
To make a nicotine-free CBD juice, you will need a few ingredients.
1. Vegetable glycerine (VG): is a sweet and odorless liquid extracted by heating plant oils under pressure. VG adds sweetness and a cloud of thick smoke to the vaporizers. For this reason, it is one of the main ingredients.
2. Propylene glycol (PG): is similar to VG, but it holds the flavor much longer and gives a better throat hit (a sensation similar to smoking).
As the only carrier in your vape juice, PG might be harsh for most vape users.
For this reason, PG and VG are often mixed to get the best out of them. Although a 60PG:40VG ratio is ideal since it produces a sweet taste and much more vapor, many prefer a 50-50 mixture of PG and VG.
3. MCT Oil (optional): medium-chain triglyceride, better known as MCT, are fats obtained from coconut or palm kernel oil. Many manufacturers often use MCT oil made from coconut as an alternative to VG and PG. MCT oil is odorless and flavorless and produces big clouds.
4. Terpenes are natural aromas or flavors that many vape juice manufacturers use to give the best possible experience. They are more potent and should be used in the right amount.
CBD isolate resembles a fine white powder. It contains 99% CBD and is considered the purest form.
- A 30 ml airtight glass bottle
- A filling syringe.
- A digital scale
- Vaping devices
How to make CBD vape juice in 5 simple steps
The steps mentioned here are for PG (mixed with 3ml flavor) and VG in a 60:40 ratio. You can vary the proportion as per your taste.
Note: Before we proceed further, we suggest you should not stress or worry about the precision of the ingredients. Adding or subtracting an extra millimeter wouldn’t make much of a difference.
1. Measure 15ml PG using the syringe and pour it into the empty 30ml container.
2. Use the digital scale to weigh out 500mg (0.5g) CBD isolate. Add this powder to the glass bottle.
3. Shake this mixture vigorously for a minute or two to ensure the CBD isolate powder is completely dissolved. If you still find some solid crystals/powder in the mixture, proceed with step 4. Skip the next step if the mixture is already transparent.
4. Dip the airtight glass bottle containing the mixture in warm water and leave it for 10 minutes. This step makes sure the ingredients inside the bottle melt completely.
5. Use the syringe again and carefully measure 12ml VG. Add this to the solution. Also, add 3ml of flavor/terpene of your choice. Alternatively, you can purchase pre-flavored vape liquids instead of terpenes. Let these ingredients settle. After a few minutes, shake this solution one final time for 2 minutes.
Your vape juice is now ready to go inside your vape tank. Store the rest of the juice in a cold and dark place.
How long can you store your homemade vape juice?
CBD juice lasts for a year or two and sometimes even more if stored properly. Since heat, light, and air shorten the life of your CBD vape juice, store the juice in an airtight tinted bottle away from light and heat.
Read more Is Carbonated Water Making You Fat?
Making your own CBD vape juice is easy and takes only 15-20 minutes. The majority of vape users try this at home as it gives them more control over their vape juice. Always use quality ingredients to maximize your inhaling experience.