I have always been a huge fan of Arby’s beef and cheddar. I have to have it every weekend. For over a decade now, consequently, I have been a regular customer of Arby’s.
But what makes this dish so special? The straight answer is: Arby’s red ranch sauce. This savory sauce makes the beef and cheddar so mouth-watering, delicious, and superbly tasty that I find it hard to resist myself. Eventually, this sauce has also been named as Arby’s beef and cheddar sauce.
My mother was used to prepare a few dishes of Arby’s every now and then, but she never really tried the Arby’s red ranch sauce recipe. But I always craved the sauce. So, I decided to try it myself, but I couldn’t find any proper directions online.
Then I went to the Arby’s and gathered every information I could about all the Arby’s sauces recipes. Later on, after a few trial-and-error processes, my efforts came to be successful. Today, I will share the best version of Arby’s red ranch sauce recipe with you.
Try a couple of my favorite sauces to make your meals rich in diversity:
Sugar Free Applesauce
Homemade Chili Sauce
What is Arby’s sauce?
You will get two types of red sauces in Arby. The one that you get in packets is usually the “Arby’s sauce”. It is more of a tangier sauce with a little sweetness. But, as I have already mentioned, the one that is served with beef and cheddar is called the Arby’s red ranch sauce. It is pretty sweet a sauce, and will nearly make you feel a taste of Catalina dressing.
Today we will keep our discussions limited to the red ranch sauce.
- Ketchup (1 cup)
- Onion powder (1/4 teaspoon)
- Garlic powder (1/4 teaspoon)
- Apple cider vinegar (1/2 cup)
- Sugar (1/2 cup)
Step 01: Take a small saucepan and place all the ingredients in the saucepan. Blend them perfectly by stirring.
Step 02: Then set the cooking temperature to medium-high and cook the blend for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
Note: You can also use a microwave to cook the sauce. In a microwave-safe bowl, mix all the ingredients like step 02, then heat in the microwave for only 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
Step 03: Remove from the heating source and let the sauce cook down properly. And serve the sauce with Arby’s beef and cheddar or anything of your choice.
You can also refrigerate the Arby’s red ranch sauce for a while. I usually serve the sauce after keep it in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- If you don’t like the garlic powder or it seems hard to find the powder, you can replace the garlic powder with 1 tablespoon of the caramelized onion by all means. Make sure you use a food processer for the caramelized onion.
- Replace the apple cider vinegar with any acidic liquid of your preference. The taste will vary, yet it will get the job done efficiently.
- You can even replace the apple cider vinegar with distilled vinegar.
- You can also skip both the onion powder and garlic powder at a time, and use 1/2 teaspoon of the ranch powder instead. But to do so, you will also need Catalina salad dressing or more ketchup.
Read more How to make green taco sauce
Using ranch powder
- Mix the ranch powder with apple cider vinegar or any acidic liquid.
- Then add the Catalina salad dressing or ketchup (1 and a ½ cups) and blend.
- Add more vinegar or water to get your desired consistency.
- You can either add sugar or skip it cut the sweetness.
Some people find the sauce too sweet because of the excessive amount of sugar. You can reduce the amount of sugar and use distilled vinegar for better consistency with reduced sweetness. But the taste and texture will vary noticeably.
How to store the Arby’s red ranch sauce?
It is ideal to store the red ranch sauce in canning jars. But you can also store them in an empty sauce bottle. But make sure the jars or bottles are air-tight.
You can even refrigerate the sauce after putting them in air-tight jars/bottles. This sauce stays fine for months easily. There is even no need to reheat the sauce for serving as it tastes better when served cold.
It’s quite healthy a sauce with a perfect combination of necessary nutrients. One cannot expect more health benefits from a sauce like this.
|Nutrition (Per 14-gram serving)||Nutritional Value||Daily Value|
|Calories||72 (295.2 kJ)||–|
Arby’s red ranch sauce is popularly known as a go-to sauce with beef and cheddar, but it serves a few other purposes as well. It goes fine as a topping with roast beef burgers or sandwiches or anything made using beef. You can even use it to dip curly fries at any time.
However, the ultimate secret to reveal about this recipe is it is not quite ranch; it is actually a bit thin and a superb sauce to be ever served in Arby’s. This tangy, sweet and lovely is bound to win your heart! So, try the Arby’s red ranch sauce recipe now.