The DNS isn't resolving Xbox server names error is one which arises on the Xbox One. It is a DNS (Area Title Server) networking subject by which the Xbox console can’t connect with the web.
The DNS isn't resolving Xbox server names subject often arises for customers using wi-fi community connectivity. For those who’re questioning how one can repair that error, take a look at the potential resolutions under.
How can I repair the DNS isn’t resolving Xbox server names error?
1. Restart the Xbox console and router
- First, strive restarting your Xbox One and router. Unplug your router.
- Flip the Xbox console on.
- Press and maintain the Xbox button on the gamepad.
- Choose the Restart console and Restart choices.
- Look forward to about 5 minutes. Then plug the router again in.
2. Change the DNS to Google DNS
- Some customers have stated they’ve fastened the DNS isn't resolving Xbox server names error by altering their DNS to Google. To do this on the Xbox One, flip the console on.
- Choose Settings on the console’s menu.
- Then choose Community to open the choices proven instantly under.
- Choose Superior settings > DNS settings.
- Choose Guide to open the Major DNS packing containers proven instantly under.
- Enter 8 in every one of many 4 Major DNS textual content packing containers. Thus, the total quantity entered throughout all 4 packing containers can be 8888.
- Press the Enter button on the enter keyboard.
- For the secondary DNS, enter 8844 as within the snapshot instantly under.
- Press B to save lots of the modified DNS settings. Thereafter, it's going to test your connection and hopefully show a Your console is related to the web message.
Read more Fix: Kindle not Showing up on PC
3. Reset your router
The DNS isn't resolving Xbox server names error is likely to be as a consequence of your router’s settings, which you'll reset. To reset the router, search for the reset button behind it.
You’ll often want one thing like a pin or paperclip to press the Reset button with. Press the button for about 10 seconds to reset the router.
Observe, nonetheless, that resetting a router can even take away web supplier settings; so that you might need to reconnect gadgets.
4. Change your WiFi channel width to 20Mhz
- Choosing the 20Mhz channel width in your router is one other potential decision for the Xbox DNS server names error if that’s not its present channel width. To do this, press the Home windows key and R keyboard shortcut to launch Run.
- Enter cmd in Run and click on OK.
- Enter ipconfig within the Command Immediate, and press the Return key.
- Observe down the Default Gateway quantity.
- Open a browser.
- Enter your Default Gateway quantity within the URL bar, and press the Return key.
Open the wi-fi settings inside your router’s configuration web page.
- Choose 20Mhz on the Channel Width drop-down menu, which is probably the most preferable setting for the Xbox One.
These potential fixes are value a shot. Though not assured for everyone, one, or extra, of these resolutions may repair the DNS isn't resolving Xbox server names error in your console.