With very little prep work, you can enjoy Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup Recipe for an easy dinner. Toss everything into the crock pot for a soup bursting with flavor and delicious vegetables in every bite.
Click jump to recipe button above to go straight to the printable recipe.
Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup Recipe
We have one of the easiest recipes ever! With very little chopping or prep work, this soup is one of the easiest slow cooker meals that your family will love!
You only have to chop a few ingredients and the other ingredients are either canned or frozen so they just get tossed in the slow cooker. That is why I love this recipe. It is very simple to make.
How do you make vegetable soup in a slow cooker?
It is the easiest recipe but so delicious too. My entire family likes this soup and even my kids enjoy it.
I know it sounds too good to be true but really it only takes minutes to prepare this soup and the crock pot does all the work. You just toss all the delicious veggies and broth in the soup and have a delicious meal in a few hours!
What do you put in homemade vegetable soup?
We used an assortment of frozen mixed vegetables and also added potatoes, onion and celery. The fire roasted tomatoes really make this soup and give it the best broth.
You can easily add veggies you like or omit the ones your family doesn’t care for and make this soup your own. We love green beans and lima beans so I often add extra to this vegetable soup recipe.
I wasn’t sure if all of the kids would enjoy it because of the veggies but they really liked it. The tomatoes give it such a great flavor and it only gets better after being slow cooked all day.
Vegetable Soup Crock Pot Recipe
It is so comforting to enjoy a warm bowl of soup during the cold winter months. However, this soup is light enough to enjoy year round.
What to serve with Vegetable Soup
We serve this soup with homemade Hawaiian rolls or this homemade cornbread recipe and dinner is complete.
Another favorite is Easy Homemade Dinner Rolls Recipe. The bread is perfect to dip into the soup and get every last drop of the amazing broth. Yum!
Don’t underestimate the power of a big bowl of soup and homemade bread. It is the best comfort food! Everyone in the family enjoys coming home to dinner ready and waiting.
On crazy busy days, we have even just skipped the bread and enjoyed it with saltine crackers. This soup is amazing regardless of what you serve it with. For those gluten free, skip the bread all together and still enjoy an amazing bowl of soup.
A good crockpot is a must!
There are some really good ones on sale right now. If you work all day, you may want to invest in a programmable crockpot. They are awesome because you can set them to start later, or to stop and switch to the warm setting after the cook time.
If you are in the market for a good crock pot, try this Instant Pot Aura Crockpot. We love it because it does everything. You can sauté, slow cook and bake all in the same appliance.
Ingredients for Easy Vegetable Soup:
- Onion – We chopped our onion into small pieces so the kids don’t notice.
- Celery – chopped
- Carrots – Peeled and chopped your carrots. You can also use baby carrots.
- Yukon gold potatoes – We peel and diced into small pieces. You can also use Russet potatoes or red potatoes.
- Fire roasted tomatoes – This soup is still very tasty with just regular diced tomatoes.
- Frozen mixed vegetables
- Bay leaves
- Dried thyme
- Minced garlic
- Italian Seasoning
- Vegetable stock – You can also use Chicken Broth.
How to make Easy Crockpot Vegetable Soup:
- Place everything in the slow cooker. I used a 6 quart crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until potatoes are soft. (You can cook on high but reduce time.)
- Serve warm with crusty bread. Salt and pepper to taste.
Tips for making the best Vegetable Soup:
- You can use Frozen Vegetables. I use them all the time, they are already cut and all you have to do is toss in your crock pot. I usually do a mixture of frozen and fresh. Use what you have rather they are frozen or fresh.
- If you like to use fresh herbs, go for it. Occasionally I will some fresh herbs growing, and I will use them. But this soup is just as good with the dried seasonings. Fresh parsley stirred in is always loved by all.
- Make a second meal out of this if you have leftovers. I like to stir in some cooked chicken or ground beef and it makes a great second meal the next day.
Try this healthy vegetable soup crock pot recipe!
This slow cooker soup is perfect for meatless monday or any day of the week. For a change, you can always add meat and make it vegetable beef soup.
Sometimes, I make this soup the night before and put in the refrigerator overnight to let the flavors blend. The perfect soup the next day.
How to store leftovers:
If you are going to eat leftovers quickly, just store in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days in an airtight container.
I think this soup taste better the next day.
Can you freeze vegetable soup?
Yes you can freeze this before you cook it. Simply place the ingredients in a freezer bag and then place in the crock pot from frozen.
Another idea is to freeze after you cook it and just reheat for easy future meals. We love easy ideas for meal time around here and this soup is a family favorite.
I like to freeze small containers to enjoy for quick lunches during the week. It is such a time saver and really tasty. Check out How to Freeze Soup.
Print this Crock Pot Vegetable Soup Recipe below:
Try these other easy vegetable soup recipes:
- Creamy Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Easy Crock Pot Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Easy Crock Pot Vegetable Soup Recipe