Try Crockpot bbq little smokies for a quick and easy appetizer idea without any work. With just 3 simple ingredients, this recipe comes together easily in the slow cooker for the best little smokies recipe. The sauce is so delicious and flavorful.
Everyone will love these Crockpot bbq little smokies.
You just need 3 ingredients for this simple but amazing BBQ Little Smokies Crock Pot Recipe! It is our new favorite appetizers for any party. From football food for game day, to any holidays, this cocktail weenie recipe will impress your family or guests.
The best of crock pot lil smokies recipes.
Personally, since I often like to be a little lazy in the kitchen. I love this recipe because it is easy to make when people are coming over. They are a crowd pleasure without having to do much work at all.
The little smokies sauce is amazing!
I know that BBQ sauce and jelly combined might sound a little odd. Trust me, this little smokies sauce is the best flavor. I
Read more How To Thicken Up Adobo Sauce?
have often gone to parties and tried other little smokies recipes and they were lacking flavor. This cocktail weenie recipe is different and full of flavor.
Ingredients for crock pot bbq little smokies:
- Little Smokies – around 30 oz, but you can add more smokies if you want. This recipe is very easy to double for a party.
- Barbecue sauce – Any store bought barbecue sauce will work. We also have a homemade barbecue recipe that would work perfectly too.
- Grape Jelly – Any inexpensive jelly will work.
How to make BBQ Little Smokies Crock Pot Recipe:
- Place a crock pot liner in the crock pot if you want an easy clean up. Then place the little smokies inside.
- Pour the grape jelly and the BBQ sauce over the smokies.
- Stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 2-3 hours, or on high for 1.5 hours.
- Stir and then serve.
Now you know how to make little smokies!
This delicious recipe is super easy and always a crowd pleaser. It really is so easy to make.
We love to use a bbq sauce brown sugar version and it is amazing. You can just pick up BBQ sauce that already has the brown sugar in it to make this so easy.
The smokies sauce is so delicious and perfectly savory and sweet. The crock pot really make it so easy to cook cocktail sausages. We have even just cut up hot dogs in a pinch to make a cocktail weenie.
What to serve with crockpot little smokies?
There are so many delicious appetizer recipes that we love. It is a ton of fun to make a bunch of different appetizers for a party.
Read more How to Make Pesto like an Italian Grandmother
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Meatballs Recipe – Each bite is sweet and savory in every bite and so easy with just 4 ingredients.
Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza Appetizer – Yum! I also like to make a veggie tray for snacking.
Garlic Ranch Pretzel Recipe is another easy recipe that goes great with little smokies.
If you love smokies, make sure you also try this Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies Recipe.
Tips for the best little smokies in crockpot:
- Use Crock pot Liners. I like to use crock pot liners to make clean up a breeze. These plastic bags are worth every penny and save a ton of time.
- Add in brown sugar – if you want your cocktail weenies more sweet then add in ¼ cup of brown sugar. Dark brown sugar or light brown sugar will work.
- Worcestershire Sauce – Consider adding a splash of Worcestershire Sauce. This will add a tangy flavor to the smokes sausages.
- Use toothpicks – Serve little smokies with toothpicks so your family or guests can pick up what they want to snack on.
- Stir in crumbled bacon – For a different flavor, stir in crumbled bacon. Simply cook bacon until crisp. Then crumble and stir in when you add in the other ingredients.
Are Little smokies already cooked?
Little smokies are pre-cooked. All you are doing is warming them up. I love cooking these lil smokies in the slow cooker. They can also be heated through on the stove top, oven or microwave.
How Long to BBQ lil’ smokies last in the fridge?
You can store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an air tight container.
Read more How to Make Roux and Use It to Thicken Soups and Sauces
These also freeze well. If you have leftover smokies, allow them to cool completely and place them in a freezer bag. Then freeze.
When you are ready to reheat them, let them thaw in the fridge. Then reheat in a slow cooker or in a small sauce pan over medium heat.
If you are choosing to reheat on the stove make sure you are stirring regularly so the smokies do not burn.
Print bbq little smokies crock pot recipe:
Try these other easy appetizer recipes:
- Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza Appetizer
- Easy Sausage Balls Recipe
- Garlic and Onion Cheddar Cheese Ball Recipe
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Meatballs Recipe